Thursday, August 9, 2007

After Four Years of Certainty, McCain ‘Not Positive We Can Win’ In Iraq

– “Because I know that as successful as I believe we will be, and I believe that the success will be fairly easy, we will still lose some American young men or women.” [CNN, 9/24/02]


– “But the point is that, one, we will win this conflict. We will win it easily.” [MSNBC, 1/22/03]


– “[I]t’s going to be long, tough, very difficult, but … we can win.” [PBS, 11/10/05]


– “I believe that we can succeed and I believe the consequences of failure are catastrophic.” [CBS, 4/8/07]


– “We’re going to win. We will. We will never surrender.” [AP, 4/18/07]


- “I’m not positive we can win this fight,” he told about 150 people at a $50-a-person fundraiser in a Highland Township barn. “But I believe we’re winning. [8/8/07]


Think Progress » After Four Years of Certainty, McCain ‘Not Positive We Can Win’ In Iraq

Too many NeoCon Republicans are coming to this realization much too late. Too many people have died while these guys struggle with their bruised egos over their own lack of wisdom, or their fear of looking "weak on terrorism." We need a leader who has the wisdom to foresee these problems BEFORE they occur, then the courage to back it up with a strong and loud voice. Only then can we save our country trillions of dollars, thousands of lives, and its lost diplomatic credibility. Ron Paul is that man.

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: