Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Straight Talk: Paul Has a Point

"...Paul suggested, the 15-year presence of the U.S. military forces in Muslim countries may have motivated them. For that, Giuliani excoriated him, calling it an ‘extraordinary statement,’ adding, ‘I don’t think I’ve heard that before.’ Let’s be blunt. Giuliani was either lying, or he hasn’t cracked a book in six years. The ‘blowback’ theory isn’t some fringe idea common only to crazy Sept. 11 conspiracy theorists. It doesn’t suggest that we ‘deserved’ the Sept. 11 attacks, nor does it suggest we shouldn’t have retaliated against the people who waged them. What it does say is that actions have consequences."

FOXNews.com - Straight Talk: Paul Has a Point - Blog | Blogs | Popular Blogs | Video Blogs

I don't understand why Ron Paul's argument was so earth-shattering to Republicans. It seems so obvious to me. All you have to do is put yourself in another country's shoes. If another country was meddling in the U.S., how would we feel? What would our reactions be?

(side note: I do not like to link to Fox News. In general, I do not think it is news, but propaganda. I only do so to make my points harder to dismiss by the "left-leaning news" conspiracy theorists.)



No comments: